Looking for a way to deliver nicotine to your body more efficiently? Then you might want to try using nicotine salt e-liquids. Before you ask, nicotine salt is not salty. Don’t be confused by the name. It is a type of nicotine that forms naturally in leaf tobacco. Nicotine salt, or nic salt, is normally considered to be a more stable form of nicotine than the conventional freebase nicotine that is found in most e-juices.
Nicotine Salt vs Freebase Nicotine
For freebase nicotine, all the impurities found in tobacco are removed, leaving you with nicotine in its purest form. This kind of nicotine has a higher pH, which translates to a higher alkalinity that can cause a harsher throat-hit during inhalation.
Nicotine salt, on the other hand, has a lower pH, as it is created by strategically infusing certain acids to freebase nicotine. That means you’ll experience less irritation when inhaling this form. Unlike freebase nicotine, which forces you to vape with smaller amounts than you may need, nicotine salts allow you to vape higher nicotine concentrations without worrying about hurting your throat.
Vaping Nicotine Salts
You should be aware that the devices used with nicotine salt vape juice normally differ depending on the nicotine concentration you choose. If you just want to switch from smoking to vaping, it’s advisable to go for a higher nicotine salt strength of at least 25mg coupled with a low-powered pod mod.
If you prefer high powered sub-ohm vaping devices and strong flavor, a lower nicotine salt e-liquid in the range of 6mg to 15mg can be a great choice for you. If you use a higher nicotine strength in a high-powered vaping device, you can end up with too much nicotine and a horrible experience. Avoid using high strength nic salts in high-powered devices.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Nic Salts
Nicotine salts have both upsides and downsides, as outlined below.
- Nic salt e-liquids deliver better satisfaction compared to convention e-juices.
- They also offer a smoother nicotine hit. If you are a beginning vaper, you might find conventional e-liquids to be too harsh. Nic salts are a gentler alternative.
- While freebase nicotine affects the overall flavor of the e-liquid, nicotine salts have virtually no effect, resulting in a richer, tastier, and more pleasing vaping experience.
- Sophisticated vaping devices such as box mods can be very expensive. However, if you’re just looking for an inexpensive vaping experience that gives just the right nicotine hit, you can’t go wrong with nic salts.
- If you are a light smoker, nicotine salt e-liquids can be too much for you.
- Nicotine salts are quite limiting as you are typically restricted to only using vape pens. Conventional mods, on the other hand, allow you to use a virtually infinite range of mod/tank combinations.
- Nicotine salts devices are less fashionable compared to freebase nicotine devices.
Nicotine salts are an efficient way to deliver nicotine to your body. However, you should evaluate their pros and cons and see if they are good for you based on your vaping needs.