There are a number of fun events happening in Asheville this weekend! Be prepared to drink beer, listen to music, and enjoy some authentically awesome food. You know, just another weekend in the town voted one of America’s ‘Most Quirky’ towns by Travel and Leisure.
Saturday August 30th 2014
- Baconfest at Highland Brewery! Do you like beer? Do you like bacon? This is the place to be! Tickets sold out in record time for this year’s event. Get the schedule at http://www.highlandbrewing.com/whats-up/event/baconfest-asheville
- Shindig on the Green is a free concert series offered downtown at the Pack Square Park. The fun starts at 7 PM – more information can be found at http://www.folkheritage.org/shindigonthegreen.htm – This is the last shindig of the summer!
- Appalachian Vinter is hosting an ‘Asheville’s Best Wine Tasting’ from 3-7 pm. Appalachian Vinter is located at 745 Biltmore Avenue Suite 121 in Asheville
- Hendersonville is hosting the Apple Festival 8k and Chick Fil A Mini Moo race as a part of the Apple Festival happening this weekend. The race starts in the Pardee Medical Office Building Parking Lot. First wave is at 6 am. Registration fee is $40 the day of.
- Yoga in the Park is happening from 10 -11:30 AM in Pack Square Park. Join other Yogi’s for a relaxing morning workout.
Sunday August 31st 2014
- Lexington Avenue Arts and Fun Festival (LAAFF) this is an all day event taking place downtown. Find out more information here: https://www.facebook.com/lexfest
- The Odditorium is hosting a Burners and BBQ Mural Painting – grab some BBQ, listen to music, and participate in a community mural project. Drop in anytime from 12:00 – 9:00 PM
- It’s 80’s night at The Social – need we say more?