Wanting something to do on the 4th of July, but not sure where to go? We have a rundown of all of things happening in and around Asheville for Independence Day. Grab a cooler and some drinks, your friends, and be ready to have a good time.
– Pack Square Park will be kicking things off at 2 PM, with family fun entertainment and events. Live music, bouncy houses, Ultimate Air Dogs, and food trucks are sure to provide a good time. The fireworks start at 9:30. Admission is free, if you have children there is a $2 wristband cost for unlimited playtime in the kids area.
– Tourists Baseball Game Fireworks happen July 4th and 5th, after the game at McCormick Field. Purchase tickets at http://asheville.tourists.milb.com/index.jsp?sid=t573
– Stars, Stripes and Strings: A Manna Food Bank Benefit hosted by Asheville Music Hall is happening from 11:00 am to 4:00 pm. There will be a huge indoor yard sale, music, and free Mellow Mushroom pizza (first come first serve). Cost of entry is $5 or 5 canned food items – proceeds go to Manna Food Bank. Afterwards join Asheville Music Hall for ELAQUENT w/ Marley Carroll + Bombassic, starting at 9PM.
– Hi Wire Brewing and Green River Picklers have teamed up please your palates with craft brews and specialty pickled produce. We are bringing together centuries of tradition through brews, brines, and live music. Join them for their Brews N’ Brines series for delicious combinations that they have paired just for you. Fireworks in your mouth, fireworks in the sky- you don’t want to miss this event on the 4th of July. “Get Pickled” From 5:00pm-10:00pm.
– New Mountain Asheville is bringing you the likes of Phuncle Sam and Gimme Hendrix on the 4th, kicking off with a rendition of Star Spangled Banner. The madness begins at 8pm. Tickets available online.
– Jack of the Wood – Get your America on with singer/songwriter Eleanor Underhill and friends at Jack of the Wood. Festivities start at 9:30, $5 cover.
– Lake Julian – grab that cooler we mentioned, your friends, some chairs, and come early to Lake Julian. The fireworks start at dark, but we recommend getting their early to secure a good spot and some parking. Free
– Inn at Biltmore Guests get a private firework show as a part of their three night package stay.
– Isis Music Hall hosts Brushfire Stankgrass and Strung Like a Horse on July 4th, starting at 9 PM. Belly dancers included.
More July 4th Celebrations outside of Asheville
– Lake Junaluska offers a free fireworks show starting at dark. Get there early to get a good spot – pack a picnic and lay down in the grass to watch the fireworks light up the sky directly overhead. The fireworks are shot from below the lake’s dam, so the view is spectacular.
– Fire on the Lake Music Festival in Weaverville features music, food, and a fireworks show at dark.
– Downtown Hendersonville offers free fireworks and music, starting at 7pm. Fireworks are viewable from downtown.
– Brevard hosts an all day celebration starting off with a morning 5/10k Firecracker run. Transylvania Community Arts Council has an arts & crafts showcase, and there is even a car show! Musical entertainment at the Courthouse Gazebo. Fireworks start at 9:30