Asheville is full of wonderful, geeky, quirky people. An eclectic collective of vibrant individuals, living in this city means that you are frequently prepared for the rather unique events that take place all year long. This weekend, prepare to geek out at the annual comic expo, float down the river dressed as a zombie, and rock out to the last Downtown After 5 of the year. Events happening Friday September 19th, 2014
- Downtown After 5 finishes strong with an amazing local musician lineup. Find out the schedule and information on the official website
Events happening Saturday September 20th, 2014
- The Asheville Comic Expo comes once again to the US Cellular Center downtown Asheville. Find the list of guest speakers in our article here
- Asheville is determined to beat Portland for the world record of ‘most interlinked tubers on a river at one time’. What better way to one up the competition then to not only beat the record, than to do it dressed as zombies! The Asheville Tube-Ocolypse starts at 9 am, and AshevilleBlog is a proud sponsor. Find out all the important information on the official website.
- Hope for Horses is putting on the second annual Run for the Horses at Biltmore Estate. This endurance race and ultra marathon raises awareness and funds for Hope for Horses, a local nonprofit equine rescue here in Asheville. Tickets and information are available here.
- The Brewgrass Festival takes place from 1-7 pm at Memorial Stadium. Showcasing 120 beers and multiple bands, this makes for the perfect beer day. Pick up your tickets here.
Events happening Sunday September 21st, 2014
- Buskin’ Blues film event is taking place at The Orange Peel. Buskin’ Blues is a documentary focusing on Asheville’s street performers. A silent auction will benefit Asheville Music Professionals. You can grab your tickets here