XAVL is a celebration of creative culture, with 30+ artists demonstrating the creative process in real time, including live painters and graphic designers, installation art, photography, fashion, videography, music, and much more! This is an all-day event, with workshops and panel discussion taking place during the day (2-6:30pm) and main event with music, etc from 8:15pm-2am. There will be giveaways from Make Noise and Ableton as well as a raffle for a $750. Producer Bundle prize pack (Moog Minitaur + QuNexus). Tickets on sale now at Harvest Records / The Moog Store / Online: http://xasheville.eventbrite.
The X event has 3 main intentions:
1. Present the creative process in an ecstatic and engaging way, live and uncut.
2. Allow attendees to follow the creative process in real time, giving them an added appreciation for the talents, mediums and forms of modern of expression.
3. Feature cutting-edge local and national talent, furthering the spirit of collaboration as we shape the evening and our future together.
- Fashion by Royal Peasantry
- Live painters Josh Spiceland, Makasi Siriwayo, Andy Reed, and Caesar Weasel
- Nine Bar Creative will have three graphic designers working as a team to demonstrate work flow and the creative process (their screens will be projected live for all to see
- Design curator Craig McAnsh (of Mojo Coworking / NATiVE Marketing)
- Music performances by Jeremy Ellis! , Aligning Minds, Marley Carroll, and Panther God.
- Dance by Kathleen Hahn; Photography by (SIC) Images and Micah Mackenzie
- Videography by Imaginari Studios
- 3D mapped stage design by 27 Folds
- Timelapse installation by Daniel Lowe
- Performance Art by Jeramie Bellmay…
- Plus daytime music workshops and panel discussion.