SATURDAY, APRIL 13, 2019 from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Free Family Fun
Asheville Outlets will join forces with area nonprofits to host a Kids Day (And Then Some!) event on Saturday, April 13th from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. Kids Day will feature interactive booths and displays, live music, games, strolling magic, crafts, balloon art, face painting and a wide variety of other family-focused events in the center and parking lot.
Additional activities will include:
- During the event, Asheville Outlets will team up with Give to the Music and host a Summer Camp Expo. The expo will provide an opportunity for parents to learn about area camps. A donation will be made to Give to the Music, a local nonprofit that funds music lessons and provides instruments to children who might otherwise not be able to afford them.
- The 10th Annual Asheville Book Fest will be held throughout the center and will feature 25+ local authors. Families will enjoy author meet & greet sessions, presentations and book signings throughout the day. A portion of Book Fest proceeds will benefit Grateful Steps, a nonprofit publisher.
- In the lot outside the Food Court, Asheville Parks and Recreation will host the 2nd Annual Truck City AVL event. Local representatives and their vehicles from emergency, construction, transportation and more will be on-site. Children can touch, climb and ask questions about their favorite trucks and cars in a safe and supervised environment. A MAMA (medical helicopter) will also land during the event.
- The North Carolina Highway Patrol will display Highway Patrol vehicles from motorcycles to the famous GHOST (marked vehicle that cannot be detected until it is in close proximity) during the 1st annual NC State Highway Patrol Safety Day. The event is scheduled in the parking lot in front of Field & Stream.
- From Friday, April 12th through Sunday, April 14th, the Buncombe County Sheriff’s Deputies will be stationed around-the-clock on the rooftop of Asheville Outlets to raise money for the Make-A-Wish Trail Blaze Challenge. The group will be led by Corporal Shawn Wildes, with the Deputies working to raise funds for the Make-A-Wish Program. During Kids Day on Saturday, Buncombe County Sheriff’s Department will feature hands-on activities for kids.
All Kids Day weekend events are complimentary and open to the public. Visit ShopAshevilleOutlets.com for more details.