Best friends move from Texas to be closer to family on the east coast
As guest service representatives with Nothing Bundt Cakes bakeries in Ft. Worth, TX, Megan Herschmann and Rebekah Moody became fast friends and thought it would be fun to own a bakery together. Now, six years later, the two are thrilled about their new adventure. “We always joked about how fun it would be to own a bakery together one day,” shared Herschmann. “We can’t believe that six years later, our dream is coming true!” The two both have family in the southeast, Herschmann in Tennessee and Moody in Georgia, and they knew that Asheville would be the perfect place to be. “With our families so far away, our Nothing Bundt Cakes team became our family back in Texas,” said Moody. “Now that we have opened our own bakery, we are excited to create our new Asheville “Bundt family!” The bakery will host a week of grand opening festivities for the community March 1-7 (details below).
GRAND OPENING EVENTS
- Sunday, March 1
- 11 a.m. – Free Nothing Bundt Cakes Travel Mug for their first 25 guests with purchase
- Monday, March 2
- 9 a.m.- 7 p.m. – Office Party – drop your business card and receive a FREE Box of Bundtinis when you purchase one
- Tuesday, March 3
- 9 a.m.- 7 p.m. – Community Appreciation Day – Teachers, First Responders and Military receive 20% off all cake purchases with ID or business card
- Wednesday, March 4
- 4 p.m. – Ribbon Cutting with the Asheville Area Chamber of Commerce
- Friday, March 6
- Asheville Humane Society Benefit Day – 20% of sales will be donated to this organization that is dedicated to saving and protecting every animal
- Saturday, March 7
- 10 a.m. – Free Bundtlets for a Year – The first 50 guests on this day will win free Bundtlets for a year (one per month for 12 months, one card per household)
- 12-2 p.m. – Cake-A-Palooza– Enjoy a’bundt’ant samples of their delicious cakes!
Nothing Bundt Cakes is located in Gerber Village at 1838 Hendersonville Road, Suite A-102 and is open Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m., Saturday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Sunday 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. The concept combines the warmth of nostalgia with a fresh, modern approach. The luscious cakes are made with the finest ingredients, including real eggs, butter and cream cheese, in 40 unique designs and 10 delicious flavors. Four sizes are available, including full-sized Bundts perfect for sharing; small Bundtlets, great for gifting; and bite-sized Bundtinis® by the dozen.
Dallas-based Nothing Bundt Cakes was founded in Las Vegas in 1997 by Dena Tripp and Debbie Shwetz, and has grown to more than 340 franchised and corporate bakeries in 40+ states in the U.S. and in Canada. This is the first in the Greenville-Spartanburg-Asheville market and the 13th in the state. Bakeries offer Bundt Cakes in a variety of flavors and sizes such as bite-sized Bundtinis®, miniature Bundtlets and 8- and 10-inch cakes plus decorations and gift options for all occasions. Nothing Bundt Cakes is committed to building a team of bakery owners and employees who embody the joy-filled brand, resulting in industry accolades including Entrepreneur’s Franchise 500 List, Franchise Business Review’s “Top 50 Franchises” and, for five years running, Franchise Times’ “Fast and Serious.” For more information about Nothing Bundt Cakes, visit https://www.nothingbundtcakes.com. To learn more about franchising opportunities, visit https://www.nothingbundtcakes.com/franchising.